Using Healers in CoC War Attacks
As a new player one my targets was to unlock the healer so that my attacks would be as spectacular as those of the senior players. But when I unlocked them after much effort my healers didn’t take the troops much farther than they would normally go without healers. Either they were killed by the air defences, or they left the intended troops and started healing archers or the Barbarian King. That is where I realized that using healers is an art which needs practice and planning.
The main use of healers for the town hall level 9 and higher is for the queen walk. When it comes to town hall level 10 it gets complicated as healers bring excellent results when used with bowlers and witches in BoWiWi attacks. But let us see how a beginner could use healers for the maximum results.
1. Deploy healers away from the air defences as much as possible. Air defences are able to kill your healers in the shortest time thus exposing the healed troops to enemy defences. The worst thing about it is that you have used 14 housing spaces just for them. That’s the space you could have used for 3 more wizards and a minion. Or giants or a valk. If you send 2 healers straight at the air defences it would be a huge waste of space, and also one major reason for a loss.
2. If you are using healers on giants then send the giants to the air defences first as much as possible. Destroy air defences first and then the healers will make sure the giants are safe for a long time.
3. Use rage spell with healers. Not healing spells. Rage spells dropped on healers would help you in two ways. The spell will speed up the troops and increase their damage. It will also increase the healing power of the healers and your troops will gain their full health within seconds, and be just as god as new troops.
Another important thing I should mention here is the recent changes to healing powers in Clash of Clans. Both the healer and the healing spell were nerfed making the troops more vulnerable to all kinds of defences. In such a scenario a rage spell used on troops and healers brings far better results than using a healing spell.
Deploy healers away from the air defences.
You must also know how to get the maximum use of a rage spell when dropped on healers. Always drop the rage spell on the troops, targeting the path it would take next. The troops will quickly gain more power and go forward and the healers will follow them in to the rage spell within seconds. That would keep the healers a longer time in the spell healing the troops at a much higher rate for a longer time.
4. Use a minion where you suspect a seeking air mine would be lurking to take down your air troops. Since the minion goes near the buildings before healers, he will trigger the seeking air mines before the healers arrive there.
5. Use some wall breakers to open up walls leading to the air defences when you are using healers. Then the giants will go there quickly and destroy the air defences before they attack your healers. Remember that the healers take up a huge space, and losing them to air defences before any healing would be a huge loss in several ways.
6. Healers were nerfed in the recent updates of the Clash of Clans. Therefore, choose wisely if it is healers you need or a high dps troops such as valks that would bring better results in war.
7. Some beginners think that more healers mean more healing power on troops. But that is not the truth. Only 4 healers would heal a single group of troops at their full power and any more healers added will not have much effect on the healed troops. 5 healers may have considerable effect but after 6 of them the additional effect is negligible. The first 2 healers heal at 100% and the second 2 would heal at 90% while the 5th, 6th, and 7th healers would heal at a rate of 70%, 40%, and 10% respectively. Therefore, do not waste your space by using too many healers on the same group of troops.
Having said that, more healers would be useful on a large group of giants as they may spread out at times. But for your queen walk a maximum of 5 healers would be enough.
8. Giants, Pekka, and Bowlers are some of the troops that bring great results when backed by healers. If you are a low town hall with no queen, you can use healers behind your clan castle bowlers. Drop a rage on the bowlers, and the destruction will be enormous, and as the healers fly in to the rage behind bowlers, they will heal the bowlers to their full life again.
9. Healers are not recommended as defence troops in the clan castle. If there are healers in the clan castle they will start healing other troops that may be in the group, or they will heal the Archer Queen of the Barbarian King. Sometimes, at the rare occasion, that has dealt a huge damage to the enemy especially when the enemy kill squad does not come with a poison spell for the heroes.
10. For your own base, do not make your air defences easily reachable for enemy troops. The strategy of a queen walk is to attack the air defence first which is done in order to protect the healers. If your air defences are not easily destroyed they will be a massive threat to the healers in particular at the corners where the healers come closer to defences as the queen takes the turn. While the queen does not target your air defences, your air defences will target the healers.
Conclusion: consider which troops would benefit you as a team when you are planning your attack, and if healers are the best then use them. But if the space of 4 healers can be used for other troops to deal more damage then do not hesitate to cancel the healers. Plan your attack well so that the healers would stay away from air defences. Choose wisely between rage spell and healing spell to go with healers. They are the basis of a good attack using healers in Clash of Clans.