Best Way to Spend Your Gems in Clash of Clans
Part I: Buildings
It’s true that we get more gems now through the builder base, and there’s even a gem mine. But the surprising thing is that those gems are not enough when it comes to upgrading the base. All of a sudden you wake up and ask yourself “where did my gems go? What happened to the thousands of gems I had? I upgraded a single building and now I have no gems left to boost my queen for the war!”
But trust me, you could have used them in a better way so that you wouldn’t have felt it as such a big loss. Let’s discuss how we can get the best use of Clash of Clans gems.First things first: gems come in handy when your war attack is scheduled to the last minute and your queen is still asleep. Here you have no other choice but to gem her. But if your clan mates need max troops from you at the last minute, and if you have to gem them then it’s your fault. Why couldn’t you keep them cooked? That would have saved anything from 1 to 50 gems.
Leaving you to decide on how you handle cooking troops I will move on to the main subject of upgrading your base. If I ask you what would be your main upgrades after upgrading the town hall you will sure come up with army camps, clan castle, laboratories, and barracks. But if your answer includes something like cannons, or xbows, or infernos, then there’s a problem. Because you can take time to upgrade defences but you cannot take too much time to get your new troops and new levels.
If your gems are limited, your wisest choices of upgrade are these:
1. Spell factories – this is the most important building that needs the quickest upgrade. You need spell factories for war and for farming, and waiting weeks for the upgrade costs you in many ways. You can wait a week until the clan castle upgrade is complete because it is still usable with just one space less. But the spell factories are not so. It would be a wise investment to buy some gems for this upgrade. 1. If you’re interested in using a platform that’s legal, trusted, and won’t hack your account, I recommend you use U4Gold. They’re a trusted name in the discounted virtual goods market.
Wise investment to buy gems for this uprgrade.
2. Laboratories – troop upgrades are the most time consuming thing in the game. Although you can upgrade 5 defences at a time, you can upgrade only ONE troop at a time, and there’s no alternative to that. I need not tell you how important the war troops are, and getting them maxed as soon as possible is one great parts of a good gaming strategy.
Max your war troops.
3. Clan castle – with this upgrade you get an extra space which means a lot in all kinds of attacks. If your new town hall is level 8, clan castle upgrade adds space for a spell too. You know what you can do with extra 5 spaces for troops and a space for a max spell from a clan mate.
Clan castle upgrade adds space for a spell too.
4. Camps – this is another major offensive building that needs a quick upgrade. After the last several game updates to tackle the problem of engineering, your town hall draws same level town halls at war. And if you are a town hall 9 with 200 troops and your mirror is a town hall 9 with 220 spaces you are doomed. He will 3* you easily while you will be limping to reach 2*.
Don’t be left unprepared and get 3*.
5. Barracks – these are the next best choice to use your free gems on. Supposing you are a new town hall 9 and you are upgrading 2 barracks for the baby dragon, your dragon training time will be 6 minutes instead of the regular 3 minutes. Imagine how long it would take to cook a whole camp of dragons. So the best choice is to gem them if you can afford to. Spending to buy discounted gems 5.is definitely a good idea but we can manage how we use them.
Best Way to Spend Your Gems in Clash of Clans
Part II: Troops, Heroes, Mines, and Collectors
Managing building upgrades is only one part of the problem. You might upgrade a building only once, but spending gems on troops, heroes, mines, and collectors is forever. It never stops however determined you are. Your queen won’t wake up out of pity just because you don’t have gems. The wise thing again, is to manage how you spend your gems to upgrade or cook troops, and wake up heroes. Let us discuss that.
1. Use the training potion (green bottle) as much as possible instead of direct boost – It can save you hundreds of gems per week if you use it correctly. To boost your barracks alone would cost you 30 gems. Add spells to that at an additional 10 gems. And then wake up heroes for more gems. It could be 100 gems in total just for one war or one hour of farming. But if you plan your attacks well and use the green bottle you can do all that for 25 gems!
Use the training potion.
2. Sleep you heroes during wars – If you are attacked seconds or even minutes before your war attack you will need to wake up your heroes with gems. But if you sleep them during wars they will be ready whenever you need them for your attack.
3. Take the maximum number of gems during 1 gem boost events – this is important. You can farm like crazy when you have this opportunity. Fill your resources quickly before the event ends.
Fill your coffers.
4. DO NOT use gems to boost your collectors because it’s useless. I have seen many players do this but do not boost your mines unless you are logged in all that time. Otherwise you will be spending your gems for someone else to harvest your resources. I have looted above 800k from defenseless bases who thought boosting with gems was wise.
Having said that, if it is essential for some reason, you can buy a resource boost bottle from the trader and save a lot of gems again.
Fill your coffers.
5. Do not gem troops in the lab unless:
a. It’s an essential upgrade for war, and you cannot skip the next few wars.
b. Your dark elixir is full, heroes are all maxed or being upgraded, and you have enough gems.
Do not gem troops in lab unless…
There are many uses of gems in Clash of Clans but the main use, apart from the essential building upgrades, is to boost barracks and spell factories, and wake up heroes. You can always buy gems but that alone is not good gaming. Using your gems wisely should be an important part of your strategy. You can find whole clans owned by just one player, and they are all in the Legend League! There is no other way of creating 20 or 30 totally maxed town hall 11 bases unless you are super-rich like Croesus.
Therefore, buy Clash of Clans gems whenever necessary, and use them wisely and upgrade your base with some effort, and have fun doing so, because that is a big part of this amazing strategic game. I will meet you again with some more gems of advice very soon. Until then, clash on!